Grant Green & Sonny Clark : Grant Green: The Complete Quartets With Sonny Clark
Over a five-week period in early 1962, Grant Green recorded three amazing quartet sessions with Sonny Clark on piano, Sam Jones on bass, and Louis Hayes or Art Blakey on drums. As magnificent as the results were, the three albums, considered too progressive for Green's soul-jazz following, languished in the vaults for 18 years. In 1980, "Airegin," the session with Blakey, came out in the United States, while the two with Hayes ("Gooden's Corner" and "Oleo") came out only in Japan. Later issued briefly on Mosaic with three bonus tracks, they have since become collectors' items of legendary proportions. Now Blue Note is finally making them available on this specially-priced 2-CD set. Some of the best music Grant Green ever recorded. [Super Bit Mapping]
THE COMPLETE QUARTETS WITH SONNY CLARK includes the albums AIREGIN, GOODEN'S CORNER and OLEO as well as 3 additional tracks.
1. [7:31] Airegin
2. [10:22] It Ain't Necessarily So
3. [5:48] I Concentrate On You (1980 Digital Remaster)
4. [5:56] The Things We Did Last Summer
5. [7:46] The Song Is You
6. [6:25] Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
7. [7:37] Airegin (Alternate Take)
8. [6:26] On Green Dolphin Street
9. [6:23] Shadrack
10. [5:50] What Is This Thing Called Love?
11. [5:37] Moon River
12. [8:14] Gooden's Corner
13. [7:41] Two For One
14. [5:37] Oleo
15. [7:15] Little Girl Blue
16. [7:19] Tune Up
17. [8:39] Hip Funk
18. [8:31] My Favorite Things
19. [6:00] Oleo (Alternate Take)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.