James Revue Brown - Live at the Apollo 1972
No performer and venue are as intertwined in excellence as James Brown and Harlem’s fabled Apollo Theater. There are many releases of Brown and his J.B.’s recorded live at the Apollo. But, the performance captured here, originally slated for release in 1973, was not issued after the funk-filled night of its recording in 1972. The material languished until recently when two cuts were included on 2013’s “Best of Live At The Apollo” with a digital release as part of a Live At The Apollo overview. But vinyl? This performance has never seen the vinyl issue it so deserves. In the early 70s Brown and the J.B.’s had reached, let’s call it maximum funk. The performances are impeccable and Brown’s sharing the spotlight with Lyn Collins (The Female Preacher), Bobby Byrd and of course the J.B.’s truly captures the scope of the Brown organization at the time. For the first time ever on LP, Get On Down is proud to present “Get Down At The Apollo With The J.B.’s” as a double LP set for Record Store Day 2015.
1. Introduction Of The J.B.’s by Danny Ray [:55]
2. The J.B.’s – Hot Pants Road [3:04]
3. The J.B.’s – From The Back Side [4:34]
4. The J.B.’s – Wine Spot [3:14]
5. Introduction Of James Brown by Fred Wesley [:18]
6. James Brown – Never Can Say Goodbye [8:26]
7. The J.B.’s – Pass The Peas [6:24]
8. The J.B.’s – Honky Tonk [4:03]
9. Introduction By James Brown [:42]
10. The J.B.’s – Gimme Some More [3:13]
11. James Brown – There It Is [3:01]
12. Introduction Of Lyn Collins by Danny Ray [:26]
13. Lyn Collins – Do Your Thing [3:50]
14. Lyn Collins – Think (About It) [7:26]
15. Lyn Collins – I’ll Take You There [2:57]
16. Introduction Of Bobby Byrd by Danny Ray [:26]
17. Bobby Byrd – I Know You Got Soul [2:54]
18. Bobby Byrd – (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don’t Want To Be Right [4:03]
19. Bobby Byrd – Keep On Doin’ What You’re Doin’ [8:51]
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.