Johnny Cash - Hymns From The Heart + 4 Bonus Tracks
This quintessential edition features one of Johnny Cash's most difficult to find LPs, originally released on the Columbia label in 1962: Hymns from the Heart. Apart from one of his originals (I Got Shoes), it's made up of standard hymns that he sang in church growing up, before he became a professional musician and famous star. In fact, it has a more traditional hymn-gospel feel than Cash's previous album of hymns, Hymns by Johnny Cash (Columbia, 1959), which doesn't really sound that different from his prior secular work. The LP remains accessible to Cash fans regardless of their religious persuasion. While the earlier gospel album matched his booming voice with the classic rockabilly and country rhythms of guitarist Luther Perkins to surprisingly good effect, on this record Cash delivers a more conventional country-gospel effort. This sensational LP has been remastered and packaged in this very special collector's edition, which also contains 4 bonus tracks from the same period, comprised of a couple of hard-to-find seven-inch singles featuring The Carter Family: Busted/Send a Picture of Mother, and (There'll Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me)/ Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord).
1. He'll Understand and Say Well Done
2. God Must Have My Fortune Laid Away
3. When I've Learned (Enough to Die)
4. I Got Shoes
5. Let the Lower Lights Be Burning
6. If We Never Meet Again
8. Send a Picture of Mother
9. When I Take My Vacation in Heaven
10. When He Reached Down His Hand for Me
11. Taller Than Trees
12. I Won't Have to Cross Jordan Alone
13. My God Is Real (Yes, God Is Real)
14. These Hands
15. (There'll Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me)
16. Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.