Lee Roy Parnell & Toby Keith : How Do You Like Me Now
NEW Combo BLUWAVS CD and FLAC FILE
Oklahoma singer Toby Keith is neither a remarkable singer nor songwriter. Yet in his more inspired and focused moments on his sixth studio album--his first for DreamWorks--Keith does occasionally manage to transcend his journeyman's limitations and achieve a sort of workaday eloquence. On patchily conceived and executed songs like the self-written "Die with Your Boots On" and a pointless ditty called "Country Comes to Town," even Keith's hard-edged baritone swaggering over flashy, high-voltage arrangements can disguise the basic lack of musical substance and creative vision. Yet on "Heart to Heart," a tender song Keith wrote for his young son, and an exquisite story song called "New Orleans," Keith surprises by turning in heartfelt, impassioned performances that transcend the general ordinariness that is otherwise the order of the day. --Bob Allen
1. [3:29] How Do You Like Me Now?!
2. [3:07] When Love Fades
3. [3:30] Blue Bedroom
4. [4:14] New Orleans
5. [3:39] Country Comes To Town
6. [3:35] Heart To Heart (Stelen's Song)
7. [2:30] She Only Gets That Way With Me
8. [3:07] Die With Your Boots On
9. [3:43] You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This
10. [3:16] Hold You, Kiss You, Love You
11. [3:38] Bottom Of My Heart
12. [3:14] I Know A Wall When I See One
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.