Los Campesinos! : ROMANCE IS BORING
2010 release from the Welsh Alt-Rockers. Recorded in two legs, Romance Is Boring is a record that's bigger, deeper, more complex and more direct than anything Los Campesinos! has recorded to date. There are huge choruses ('There Are Listed Buildings') and squalling, Blood Brothers dissonance ('Plan A'), sheets of twinkling electronic ambience ('Coda: A Burn Scar In The Shape Of The Sooner State') and more great lyrics than you could ever hope to pin down in a press release. Ask yourself this: how many indie bands make a second record that's better than their first, and then make a third record that's better than their second, all in little over 18 months? Think about that one for a bit. Romance Is Boring is filled out with added brass, strings, drum machines and electronics, packed with guest spots from the likes of Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu, Zac Pennington of Parenthetical Girls and Jherek Bischoff of the Dead Science, it is nothing if not ambitious.
1. In Medias Res
2. There Are Listed Buildings
3. Romance Is Boring
4. We've Got Your Back(Documented Emotional Breakdown #2)
5. Plan A
6. 2 - 12
7. Straight In At 11
8. Who Fell Asleep
9. I Warned You: Do Not Make An Enemy Of Me
10. Heart Swells / 1-1
11. I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed, Just So You Know
12. A Heat Rash In The Shape Of The Show Me State; or, Letters From Me To Charlotte
13. The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future
14. This Is A Flag. There Is No Wind
15. Coda: A Burn Scar In the Shape Of The Sooner State
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.