Puddle of Mudd : Come Clean CD
Possessing a likable, arena-rock amalgamation of grunge, alternative, and nu metal, Kansas City's Puddle of Mudd are at once emotional and straight-ahead. Indeed, their no-frills lineup puts one in mind of a less uptight Creed. Singer Wesley Reid Scantlin possesses an Eddie Vedder earnestness that on hard-hitting tunes like "Nobody Told Me" takes on a Cobain-like urgency. Ranging from acoustic-based yet lush midtempo rockers such as "Drift and Die" to the gimmicky fun of "She Hates Me" to the edgy Nirvana-esque "Bring Me Down" to the dynamic and direct "Control," the 11-song-strong Come Clean is an assured, accomplished, and varied debut likely to resonate with rock fans of many tastes and temperaments. Katherine Turman
1. [3:50] Control (Album Version) [Explicit]
2. [4:25] Drift And Die (Album Version)
3. [3:43] Out Of My Head (Album Version (Explicit)) [Explicit]
4. [5:21] Nobody Told Me (Album Version (Explicit)) [Explicit]
5. [5:04] Blurry (Album Version)
6. [3:36] She Hates Me (Album Version) [Explicit]
7. [4:02] Bring Me Down (Album Version)
8. [3:58] Never Change (Album Version)
9. [4:21] Basement (Album Version)
10. [4:08] Said (Album Version (Explicit)) [Explicit]
11. [5:38] Piss It All Away (Album Version)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.