Sarah Brightman & Andrew Lloyd Webber & David Caddick & Harry Rabinowitz & Michael Reed & Michael Crawford & Cliff Richard & JosаЃа Carreras & John Gielgud : The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection
The Angel of Music sings the songs that made her famous: huge hits from Andrew Lloyd Webber's biggest musicals including The Phantom of the Opera (with Michael Crawford). A Billboard bestseller, certified gold. "Her definitive performances...Best of artist"-- All Music Guide.
Sarah Brightman's career was launched by her success in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera, so it's no surprise to hear the soprano paying homage to the composer on this disc. Really a Brightman best-of, the album includes the Phantom theme (a duet with Michael Crawford), the light-opera fare of "Chanson D'enfance" from Aspects of Love, "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" from Evita, and numerous other Lloyd Webber classics. Throughout, Brightman's diminutive voice lends a fragility to these musical theater tunes that you'll either love or despise. On Evita's "Another Suitcase, Another Hall" and Cats' "Memory," she literally chirps through the vocal lines. No matter. The growing legion of Brightman fans wouldn't have it any other way. --Jason Verlinde
1. [4:19] The Phantom Of The Opera
2. [2:54] Unexpected Song
3. [3:53] Chanson D'enfance
4. [4:08] All I Ask Of You
5. [5:52] Don't Cry For Me Argentina
6. [3:19] Another Suitcase In Another Hall
7. [3:33] Love Changes Everything (Album Version)
8. [4:34] Amigos Para Siempre
9. [3:56] Memory
10. [5:10] Gus: The Theatre Cat
11. [2:55] Anything But Lonely
12. [4:44] Macavity: The Mystery Cat
13. [3:43] Tell Me On A Sunday
14. [3:29] Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
15. [3:54] Pie Jesu
16. [5:22] The Music Of The Night
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.