Temptations : Temptations Sing Smokey (Remastered)
Their 1965 homage to Smokey Robinson, featuring the unforgettable hits My Girl; The Way You Do the Things You Do , and It's Growing .
The Temptations Sing Smokey leans heavily on a great soul-music tradition: the practice of Motown artists' covering each other's hits as album tracks. Not that the Temptations' versions of Smokey Robinson-penned Miracles and Mary Wells singles qualify as filler. Hardly, as Eddie Kendricks's falsetto makes a convincing stand-in for Robinson's on remakes of "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" and "What's So Good About Good Bye." Many of these tracks also underscore the strong doo-wop roots at the core of the Temptations' style, none more so than "Baby, Baby I Need You," which barely bothers to update its '50s influences for mid-'60s ears. This minor gem comes complete with three hit singles in "My Girl," "The Way You Do the Things You Do," and "It's Growing." --Rickey Wright
1. [2:41] The Way You Do The Things You Do
2. [2:52] Baby, Baby I Need You
3. [2:45] My Girl
4. [2:57] What Love Has Joined Together (Album Version / Stereo)
5. [2:35] You'll Lose A Precious Love (Album Version / Stereo)
6. [2:59] It's Growing (Album Version / Stereo)
7. [2:59] Who's Lovin' You (Album Version / Stereo)
8. [2:39] What's So Good About Goodbye (Album Version)
9. [2:44] You Beat Me To The Punch (Album Version)
10. [3:02] Way Over There (Album Version)
11. [3:00] You've Really Got A Hold On Me (Album Version)
12. [2:32] (You Can) Depend On Me (Album Version)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.