TOMMY / ZEPHYR BOLIN - Live
Limited vinyl LP pressing. Collection of selected live tracks featuring guitar legend Tommy Bolin playing with the explosive blues rock outfit Zephyr. Tommy Bolin was born in Sioux City, Iowa and began playing in bands around the city as a youth before moving to Boulder, Colorado, in his late teens. He had played in a band called American Standard before joining Ethereal Zephyr, a band named after a train that ran between Denver and Chicago. When record companies became interested, the name was shortened to Zephyr. This band included Bolin on guitar, David Givens on bass, and Givens' wife Candy Givens on vocals. The band had begun to do larger venues, opening for more established acts such as Led Zeppelin. Their second album, entitled Going Back to Colorado, featured a new drummer, Bobby Berge, who would pop up from time to time in musician credits in album liner notes from Bolin's later projects.
1. Sail on (Live May 2, 1973)
2. Hard Chargin' Woman (Live May 2, 1973)
3. Repent Walpurgis (A Tribute to Brian Jones) [Live July 3, 1969]
4. Guitar Solo / Cross the River (Live July 3, 1969)
5. Cross the River (Instrumental Section) [Live in Denver 1971]
6. Jam (Live in San Bernardino 1971)
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.