Willie Nelson, W. Marsalis, Norah Jones : Here We Go Again: Celebrating Genius Ray Charles CD
2011 collaboration from Willie Nelson, Wynton Marsalis and Nora Jones, who join forces to celebrate the music of Ray Charles. Country music legend Willie Nelson and Pulitzer Prize-winning jazz artist and Jazz at Lincoln Center Artistic Director Wynton Marsalis share more in common than their multiple Grammy awards. They also share great respect and admiration for the late musical pioneer Ray Charles. Nelson and Marsalis joined musical forces for a two-night Jazz at Lincoln Center concert event at New York City's Frederick P. Rose Hall, home of Jazz at Lincoln Center. Their set list explored the legacy of Charles, cleverly sequencing the songs to tell the story of a love affair from beginning to end and beyond. This fine idea was made finer by the inclusion of fellow multiple Grammy winner Norah Jones, whose style suggests a middle ground between Nelson and Marsalis.
1. [4:54] Hallelujah I Love Her So (Gospel 2-Beat / Boogaloo / 4/4 Swing)
2. [3:52] Come Rain Or Come Shine (Feat. Norah Jones) [Walking Ballad]
3. [5:35] Unchain My Heart (Bolero With Habanera Bass)
4. [4:32] Cryin' Time (Feat. Norah Jones) [Country Ballad]
5. [5:16] Losing Hand (Dirge With Chain - Gang Shuffle)
6. [7:45] Hit The Road Jack (Feat. Norah Jones) [Gospel 2-Beat / 4/4 Swing]
7. [5:44] I'm Moving On (Boogaloo With Afro-Latin Backbeat / 4/4 Swing)
8. [5:04] Busted (Gospel 12/8 Shuffle)
9. [5:10] Here We Go Again (Feat. Norah Jones) [Rhythm & Blues 12/8 Shuffle]
10. [4:53] Makin' Whoopee (Feat. Norah Jones) [Hard-Bop 2-Beat / 4/4 Swing]
11. [2:53] I Love You So Much It Hurts (Waltz)
12. [6:10] What'd I Say (Feat. Norah Jones) [Boogaloo]
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.